- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat a large roasting pan on the hob and add oil, onion, garlic and ginger. Add the shoulder of lamb and brown well.
- Add the spices and coat meat in them well. Add the tomatoes, chick peas, stock and potatoes. Bring to the boil, cover with foil and place in preheated oven. Cook for about 2 hours until the meat falls off the bone. Add the spinach in the last 10 minutes of cooking and allow to just wilt slightly. Serve in chunks with Indian breads or steamed rice.
- Recipe from: Eat Welsh Lamb and Beef.
- For more tasty recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
Serve with some steamed vegetables and crisp roast potatoes
2.5kg (5.5lbs)shoulder Welsh lamb 1 tbsp oil 1 onion, roughly chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped 2½cm (1in) piece root ginger, peeled and chopped 2 tbsp garam masala or medium curry powder 1 tsp chilli powder 400g can chopped tomatoes 400g can chick peas 300ml (½pt) lamb stock 2 large potatoes, washed and cut into large cubes 2 large handfuls spinach
Time: 30 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a