- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- Mix the rice, milk, caster sugar, cream and mixed spice together in a bowl - pour this in a ovenproof dish, dot with the butter and put in the oven.
- Leave it for 30 mins, then give it a good stir, cook in the oven for another 30 mins, then stir again.
- Continue cooking for a further 45 mins, until the top is golden brown and the rice soft and creamy.
- Serve with dollops of the strawberry jam.
Recipe from Aldi.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Throwback to school dinners and Sunday lunches with this warmingly nostalgic dessert
110g pudding rice 30g unsalted butter 75g caster sugar 1 litre full fat milk 100ml single cream ½ teaspoon mixed spice 150g strawberry conserve
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a