- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale in colour. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool fully on a wire rack
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter until creamy in an electric mixer then gradually fold in the sifted icing sugar until smooth
- Spread a generous layer of buttercream over the cupcakes using a palette knife making a small mound of buttercream in the centre
- Place a black fruit pastille on each cake for the face. Arrange the mini marshmallows onto the buttercream to look like a sheep
- To make the eyes take the whites from the liquorice allsorts, and using a very small amount roll into a tiny ball and stick 2 on each face using the buttercream. Then using the liquorice layer take an even smaller amount and roll into a tiny ball to make the pupil of the eyes and stick with more buttercream onto the white of the eye
- To make the sheep tail use the liquorice layer again from the allsorts and cut a thin strip and stick into the back of the cupcake into the buttercream
Recipe from Kerrygold.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Try out a variety of sweets and animals if you're feeling extra crafty
100g (4oz) Kerrygold butter, softened at room temperature 100 (4oz) caster sugar 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten 1 tbsp vanilla extract 100g (4oz) self-raising flour 1-2 tbsp milk Marshmallow sheep: 1 pack mini white marshmallows Liquorice allsorts Bag of fruit pastilles (Black sweets required) Buttercream icing: 100g (4oz) butter, softened 225g (9oz) icing sugar, sieved
Time: 20-25 minutes Serves: 12 Nutrition: n/a