- Add the steaks to a large shallow plastic box, china or glass dish then spoon over the blackberry vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid or clingfilm and chill overnight.
- To make the dressing, add the blackberry vinegar, oil, honey and a little salt and pepper to a jam jar, screw on the lid and shake together well then decant to a small jug.
- Add the chicory, salad leaves and sliced radishes to a large shallow salad dish and sprinkle over the blackberries.
- Preheat a ridged frying pan if you have one, or an ordinary one if not. Add the pancetta and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes turning the rashers once until the fat is golden. Lift out of the pan then reserve.
- Drain the steaks and rub with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes, turning once for rare or 4-6 minutes for medium. Take out of the pan and leave to stand for 4-5 minutes then thinly sliced. Halve the pancetta slices then add the steak and pancetta to the salad. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately with warm ciabatta bread.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Makes a filling lunch or light supper
2 x 250g (9oz) beef steaks 6 tablespoons blackberry vinegar salt and freshly ground black pepper Dressing: 2 tablespoons blackberry vinegar 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon runny honey Salad: 1 green or red tipped chicory, leaves separated 100g (4oz) pack mixed red chard, lambs lettuce and pea shoots 100g (4oz) radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced 150g (5oz) blackberries 12 rashers sliced smoked pancetta 4 tsps olive oil
Time: 20 mins, plus overnight Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a