- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- In a bowl add the prawns and cover with cold water to defrost for 15 minutes. Then drain and put to one side.
- To make the pancake mixture: In a bowl add the flour and salt and mix together. Make a well in the centre of the mixture and slowly beat in 250ml of the milk and the egg until combined.
- To cook the pancakes: Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add a ladle of batter to the pan for each pancake. Depending on the thickness of your pancakes they should take about 30 seconds to 1 minute each side to cook.
- To make the filling: In a bowl mix the soft cheese with the remaining 10ml milk, stir in the prawns and the tuna. One by one take a pancake and spoon the mixture down the middle and then roll the pancake up.
- Place the pancakes in a single layer in an ovenproof dish.
- Put the tinned tomatoes, paprika and dried basil in a pan and warm through for 2 minutes, pour the sauce over the pancakes and cook for 15 minutes until hot.
Recipe from Aldi.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A great recipe for seafood lovers that also uses up lots of your kitchen cupboard leftovers
1 x 350g bag Frozen Prawns – defrosted 120g Plain Flour 260ml Semi Skimmed Milk 1 x Medium Egg – beaten Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp 100g Soft Cheese 1 x 185g tin Tuna Chunks in Brine – drained 1 x 400g tin Chunky Chopped Tomatoes 1/2 tsp paprika 1/2 tsp dried basil Salt
Time: 20 minutes + 15 minutes defrost time Serves: 8-10 pancakes Nutrition: n/a