- 7 essential free range eggs
- 450g (1lb) pork sausage meat
- 6 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped6 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp essential grated parmigiano reggiano
- 25g (1oz) pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 x 215g (7½oz) frozen all butter puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Cook 6 of the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6–8 minutes, depending on the size of the egg. Cool and shell.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sausagemeat, sundried tomatoes, salad onions, Parmigiano Reggiano and parsley until well blended.
- Open out one sheet of the pastry and place on a baking sheet. Spread with Dijon mustard then smooth a third of the sausage mixture over the pastry, leaving a 1cm border around the edges. Place the peeled eggs, evenly spaced, on the sausagemeat then cover with the remaining mixture to enclose them.
- Roll out the second sheet of pastry on a floured surface to make it a little larger. Beat the remaining egg and brush along the borders of the pastry, then lay the second sheet of pastry over the filling. Use a fork to press the borders together firmly to seal into a neat rectangular pie, trimming the edges if necessary.
- Brush the pie with beaten egg and bake for 40 minutes until golden and cooked through. Leave to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Nutrition: 577 calories, 35.9g fat, 4.4g sugar, salt 2.4g (sat fat 17.6)
If you have time, chill the pie for up to several hours before baking.