- Grease a 1.5 litre baking dish with a little butter.
- Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and gently fry the leeks for about 5 mins, until softened.
- Put a layer of bread in the base of the baking dish. Scatter half the leeks and cherry tomatoes on top, then sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Arrange the remaining bread triangles over the surface, followed by the rest of the leeks and cherry tomatoes.
- Beat the milk and eggs together and season to taste.
- Pour evenly over the bread, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Leave to stand for 20-30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Bake the pudding for 30-35 mins, until puffed-up and golden brown.
Recipe from Cranks
The Hippity Homity loaf is a savoury bread inspired by the winter warmer pie. Here, Richard Corrigan uses it to create a moreish cheese and leek bread pudding, perfect for a hearty helping of homely flavours.
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This hearty meal is the perfect way to use up day-old bread
2 medium leeks, sliced 1 large loaf of bread sliced and cut into triangles 12 cherry tomatoes, halved 150g (5oz) Cheddar cheese, grated 40g (1 1/2oz) butter 600ml (1 pint) milk 3 medium eggs Freshly ground black pepper ½ tsp sea salt
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a