- Fry or grill the sausages until golden all over. Cool. Heat the oven to 220C/392F/Gas Mark 7.
- Insert a wooden skewer through each sausage. Place on a plate. Mix together the soy sauce and golden syrup and brush over the sausages.
- Unwrap one sheet of pastry and cut into 8 strips from the shorter end. Wrap around the sausages in a spiral, taking care not to stretch the pastry, place on a baking sheet and brush with egg glaze then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Cut each pepper in half then cut out triangles and insert them in the tips of the skewers. You may like to insert a further longer wooden barbecue skewer to make the spirals look more like rockets.
This recipe is from Lyle's Golden Syrup and further bonfire night recipes can be found in the recipe section of their site.
For more recipes that involve the children, grab the latest issue of Yours, out every fortnight.
These are brilliant for the little ones to snack on come bonfire night, just add a barbecue or tomato sauce for dipping
8 large sausages 1 tsp soy sauce 225g ready rolled puff pastry 2tsp of lyle's golden syrup 1 beaten egg for the glaze 1tbsp of sesame seeds 2 halves of a red and orange pepper
Time: 20 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a