2 tsp nut oil
8 spring onions, 6 finely sliced, 2 reserved for decoration
1-2 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
200g (7oz) cooked chicken, torn into bite sized pieces
80g (3oz) baby corn cut into ½ cm disks
160m (5fl oz) chicken stock
50g (5oz) creamed coconut (or 1 sachet)
2 tsp soy sauce
200g (7oz) cooked brown rice
2 Baby Gem lettuce
Small bunch of coriander
1 lime cut in wedges
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil and gently cook the sliced spring onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and peanut butter, cook stirring for 1 min until fragrant then add the chicken and baby corn. Stir to coat with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk and soy, stir and cook for 10 minutes. If the satay becomes too thick add a little more stock.
- While the satay is cooking, slice the two remaining spring onions then tear the leaves from the lettuce and arrange on a serving plate.
- When the satay is ready, spoon a little cooked rice into each lettuce leaf then top with satay, scatter with the spring onions, coriander leaves and squeeze over a few wedges of lime.
- Recipe from Leafy Salad
- For more delicious recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Healthy food doesn't have to be boring with these tasty canapés for you and your guests!
Time: 10 mins
Serves: 15 cups
Nutrition: 120 calories, 1g sugars, 3.3g fat, (sat fat 2.3g)