- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp chilli pepper flakes
- 1 kg salmon fillet cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 20 California Prunes
- 10 skewers, soaked in water
- 4 California Prunes
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Marinade: Mix soya sauce, mirin, ginger, garlic, chilli, honey and sesame oil in a bowl, until honey is completely dissolved. Place the salmon into the marinade and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Thread salmon and prunes on skewers. Place skewers on oiled grill pan. Turn after 4 minutes. Baste frequently with reserved marinade. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minutes + time to marinate: 1 hour
Best served with a fresh side salad!