- Flake salmon into a bowl. Add mashed potato, green onion and parsley.
- Season to taste and mix well to combine. Form salmon mixture into eight round patties.
- Dust each with flour, brush with egg and coat with breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium.
- Cook salmon patties for 3-4 mins each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with a green salad and lemon wedges.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These homemade fish cakes are delicious served with a fresh salad
210g (7oz) can red salmon, drained 475g ((1lb) cold mashed potato 4 spring onions, finely sliced 1 tbsp chopped parsley 40g (1 1/2oz) plain flour 1 large egg, lightly beaten 45g (2oz) fresh white breadcrumbs 2 tbsp rice bran oil green salad, lemon wedges, to serve
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a