- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Lightly flour your kitchen surface, cut the pastry in half and roll each piece to about 20x30cm (7.8inx11.8in). Place one of the pieces on a floured baking sheet. Prick a few times with a fork.
- Lay on the salmon, season generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, drizzle with the lemon juice and top with the onion.
- Spoon the clotted cream over the onion and scatter on the lemon zest.
- Lightly brush around the pastry edges with the egg. Lay on the second piece of pastry and press the edges down really well to seal. Crimp the edges or knock up with a knife.
- Decorate with the larger scraps if you fancy! Brush with egg, place in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden and risen.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and lemon wedges.
Recipe from Rodda's Cornish clotted cream.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
Prepare ahead of time then pop in the oven when needed. Or to create a more everyday dish, just leave out the parma ham.
1 pack ready made puff pastry 700g salmon fillet, skinned 6 slices parma ham juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced 1 egg, lightly beaten 113g Rodda's Cornish clotted cream
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a