- Fill a shallow pan with water (about 3cm deep) and bring to a simmer.
- Add some vinegar (1 tbsp per 1 litre of water) to help the egg hold its shape. Then break the eggs into a separate small cup.
- Gently tip the eggs into the simmering water and poach for 2-3 minutes.
Slice the ciabatta rolls in half and lightly toast.
- Place the spinach in a small bowl and pour over boiling water, leave for 30 seconds and then drain.
- Place the toasted ciabatta rolls on a plate, spread the wilted spinach leaves evenly across the rolls.
- Drape on the smoked salmon and top with the poached egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is from Schär gluten free.
For more recipes and tips on how to keep yourself healthy this winter, grab a copy of Yours.
These foods are rich in vitamin B12 and iron, vital for boosting energy and preventing fatigue, the addition of spinach provides an extra B-vitamin boost
2 Schär Brown Ciabatta Rolls 20g baby spinach leaves 60g smoked salmon 2 medium eggs 1 tsp of vinegar pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
Time: 15 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a