- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cook the sausages for two mins in a casserole dish until they've turned a golden brown colour.
- Add the parsnips and shallots then season with salt and pepper and stir. Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
- In a frying pan add the butter and heat until foaming, then add the pears and fry until the flesh is a golden brown. Remove and rest on a plate until needed.
- In a small saucepan deep-fry the sage in oil. Remove with a slotted spoon and blot with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- After 25 mins of baking add the pears and the pecans to the sausages and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for a further 10 mins.
- To serve, place in the middle of the table and scatter with the crispy sage leaves.
This recipe is from Red Tractor, for more information and recipes, head here.
If your looking for warming winter recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours, which is out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Add chunks of blue cheese at the end for a more indulgent dish
6 97% pork sausages 500g of parsnips 2 banana shallots peeled and cut lengthways 1 large pear/apple peeled and cored 2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey Handful of chopped pecans or walnuts 10-15 sage leaves 30g of butter Salt and pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a