- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan oven 180C/Gas mark 6.
- Melt the butter in a 23cm (9in) heavy based ovenproof frying pan and fry the parsnips and carrots for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the orange rind and juice and stock and bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shallots, courgette, cranberry sauce and mustard. Simmer for 6-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the stock has been absorbed. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 24cm (91/2in) circle.
- Remove the pan from the heat and lay the pastry over the top, tucking in the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Turn out onto a serving plate and scatter with parsley to serve.
Recipe from Ocean Spray.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with fresh green salad and a drizzle of dressing for a tasty lunch
50g/2oz butter 2 parsnips, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks Finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange 200ml/7fl oz vegetable stock 125g/4oz shallots, peeled and halved 1 courgette, halved lengthways and cut into chunks 3 tbsp cranberry sauce 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard 225g/8oz puff pastry, thawed if frozen Small handful flat leaf parsley Seasoning
Time: 20-25 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a