- Lightly grease a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin and set aside.
- Place the ground almonds, gram flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl and mix gently. Pour in the melted butter and stir to combine until you have a firm dough.
- Scoop three-quarters of the dough into the tin and press down firmly into the base. Distribute the rest of the dough mix around the edges of the tin and press into the sides, making a lip about 2cm high. Make sure you don’t have any gaps in the pastry and it is evenly distributed. Place the tin in the fridge for about 20 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Use a fork to prick several shallow holes in the base of the pastryand then bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat well. Add the grated cheese, yoghurt, red peppers and oregano. Mix well and pour into the pastry. Dot the cubed feta evenly around the tart and sprinkle over a little black pepper.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until the filling is just set and turning golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. This tart can be served hot or cold.
- Taken from Beat the Bloat by Claire Young. Published by Orion as a paperback and eBook,priced £7.99/£4.99.
- There's more delicious recipes in every issue of Yours magazine out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The crust on this tart tastes amazing; it has just the right amount of crunch and crumble so that you'd struggle to tell the difference between this and shortcrust pastry!
100g (4oz) ground almonds 50g (2oz) gram (chickpea) flour ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda pinch of salt 60g (2 1/2 oz) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing 2 large eggs 30g (1oz) Cheddar, grated 2 tbsp natural yoghurt 50g (2oz) roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and roughly chopped Few sprigs of fresh oregano, chopped or ½ tsp dried 50g (2oz) feta, cubed Freshly ground black pepper
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a