- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the pumpkin up into big chunks. Rub in the avocado oil, cumin, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40 mins until golden and cooked through.
- While this is cooking place the maple syrup and pecans in a pan, toast the pecans in the maple syrup for 3 minutes stirring well until they are golden then leave to the side to cool.
- Remove the seeds of the pomegranate. Drain the lentils from the can.
- When the pumpkin is cooked through, throw in the blueberries, lentils, a pinch of salt and the olive oil to the roasting tray and stir well. Place the tray back in the oven for 5 mins to roast a little longer then remove and serve with the pomegranates and pecans sprinkled over the top.
Recipe from Seasonalberries.
For more recipes, grab the latest issue of Yours magazine.
Lentils are good source of iron and contain virtually no fat, use them to replace meat, or add bulk to other dishes
100g of blueberries 1 whole pumpkin or 1.3kg butternut squash (peeled and deseeded) 2 tbsp of avocado oil 1 can of cooked green lentils 1 pomegranate 100g of pecans 1 tsp of smoked paprika ½ tsp of cumin 2 tbsp of maple syrup 2 tbsp of olive oil salt pepper
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a