- Preheat the oven to 240C/475F.
- Halve the butternut squash and scoop out the seeds using a large spoon. Place the halves on a large baking sheet with flesh side up. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30–40 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add the oil. Add the onions, chilli, ginger and apple and cook gently until soft.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the flesh from the butternut squash and add it with thyme to the pot.
- Pour over the vegetable stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend using a hand-blender to desired consistency.
- Add the Creamy oat and squeeze over lemon. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes and season with salt and freshly grounded black pepper.
- Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds.
This recipe was made using Oatly Organic Creamy Oat – a great dairy free, healthy alternative to single cream. For more recipes and further click here
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This delicious soup is vegan friendly
250 ml Oatly Organic Creamy Oat 1 butternut squash 2 tbsp. olive oil 2 onions, diced 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced 1 tbsp. minced ginger 1 minced red chili 2 sprigs of lemon thyme 2 green apples, diced 800 ml vegetable stock1 lemon Salt and freshly ground black pepper Toasted pumpkin seeds, to serve
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a