- Bash the lemongrass and place under the chicken for fragrance whilst it cooks
- Slice the orange and then remove the skin, place over the top of the chicken. Place the still with skin on top and bottom of the orange in the bottom of the tray. Repeat for the lemon
- Slice the garlic in half across the equator of the bulb and place in the bottom of the tray
- Peel and slice the onion and lay over the skin
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes per pound plus an extra 10 minutes
- Drizzle the chicken with honey and return to the oven for 5 minutes
- To make the sauce mix the ingredients in a bowl with two tablespoons of the roasting juices
Recipe from Uyen Luu in conjunction with Leisure range cookers.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with grilled seasonal vegetables and a bowl of rice
1 whole chicken 3 stalks of fresh lemon grass 1 orange 1 lemon 1 bulb of garlic 1 red onion Pinch of salt and pepper 2 tbsp honey For the sauce: 2 tbsp fish sauce 2 teaspoons of sugar 2cm piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped 1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped 1 garlic clove finely chopped 1 tbsp cider vinegar
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a