- 1.8-2kg (4¼ lb) leg leg of lamb (bone-in)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g (2oz) pistachios
- 50g (2oz) dried apricots
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parigiano Reggiano
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 500g (1lb 1oz) lamb gravy
- 2 x 170g (2 x 6oz) pack sliced runner beans, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the lamb in a roasting tin and pierce all over with a small sharp knife. Insert slivers of garlic into the piercings. Rub the skin with the olive oil and season. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180°C, gas mark 4, for a further hour.
- While the lamb is cooking, whizz the apricots and pistachios together in a blender or processor until finely chopped. Stir in the cheese, lemon zest and juice, and season. Remove the lamb from the oven and press the apricot mixture over the surface of the lamb. Baste with the tin juices and return to the oven for 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and transfer to a warm platter. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Add the lamb gravy to the tin juices and bring to simmering point on the hob. Slice and serve the lamb with the gravy and steamed runner beans.
Preparation time: 10mins
Nutrition: 501 calories, 30.1g fat, 5.3g sugar, 0.8g salt (sat fat 11.1g)
Adjust timings according to your preferred degree of doneness.