- Preheat the oven to 140C. Place the chopped vegetables into an oven-proof dish or roasting pan. Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle over fresh herbs.
- Place the duck on top (skin up), sprinkle well with salt, then cover the whole dish with foil and bake slowly in the oven for one hour.
- Carefully remove the foil, turn the duck over and increase the oven heat to 180C and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carfeully turn the duck back over.
- Spoon the juices over the duck, then drizzle with a little honey and roast again for another 15 minutes or until the skin is a glorious golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, spoon over the juices once more and then you're ready to serve
Serve with: Kumala Reserve Malbec
Recipe from food blogger Belleau Kitchen, in conjunction with Kumala to celebrate World Malbec Day.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with creamy mash and some fresh greens
4 duck leg portions 4 plums, stoned, removed and quartered 1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly cropped 2 sticks of celery, roughly chopped 1 fennel bulb, roughly chopped 1 courgette, roughly chopped 1 large bulb of garlic, unpeeled and cut in half through the middle Salt and pepper 2 teaspoons honey 2 twigs of fresh rosemary 2 twigs of fresh thyme
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a