- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic pure?e and oil.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
- Slice the roast and serve with gravy, mini saute? potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Look out for Red Tractor Week (15-21 September 2014), Red Tractor is the largest food assurance scheme in the UK.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The perfect choice for Sunday lunch
1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint) Salt and freshly milled black pepper 30ml/2tbsp Dijon mustard or similar 10ml/2tsp garlic pure?e 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
Time: 5-10 mins Serves: 2-3 Nutrition: n/a