- Heat oven to 220C, fan oven 200C, Gas Mark 7.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with a little oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan until hot.
- Add the beef and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until browned on all sides, reducing heat to medium if necessary.
- Place the beef on baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Keep the frying pan and all the juices in it for later.
- Roast the beef for 25 to 35 minutes or until internal thermometer reaches 132 to 135 for medium-rare. Let stand loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp of butter to the frying pan and melt over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Add wine and increase heat to high. Add chilled cranberry juice, beef stock and thyme and boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened (you’ll see the bottom of the pan as you stir).
- Reduce heat to medium and whisk in remaining 2 tbsp butter and Smooth Cranberry Sauce, until you get a slightly thicker glossy sauce. Strain and serve with the sliced beef.
Recipe from Ocean Spray®.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with roast new potatoes and a dash of craberry sauce
1 tbsp olive oil 900g beef fillet salt and pepper 3 tbsp butter 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 240ml red wine 240ml chilled cranberry juice 180ml beef stock 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped 3-4 tbsp cranberry sauce
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a