- Preheat the oven to Gas 3, 170 C.
- Put the flour and seasonings into a plastic bag, add the beef cubes and shake well to coat.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in the Pyrex casserole and fry the beef in two batches. Remove the meat and cook the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the paprika and tomato puree and cook for 1 minute, then add the liquids and stir really well.
- Put the meat back into the pan, bring to the boil, put the lid on and cook in the oven for 11/4 hours.
- Add the pepper to the casserole and cook for a further 45 minutes until the meat is tender. Stir in the parsley and serve topped with soured cream.
Recipe from Pyrex.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A classic winter warmer- it just needs some roasties to go with it and you're sorted for dinner
1 Tbsp plain flour ½ tsp salt ground black pepper to taste 750g casserole beef eg shin of beef cut into 3cm cubes 2 tbsp vegetable oil 1 red onion, sliced 1 large clove garlic 2 tbsp smoked paprika 2 tbsp tomato puree 300ml beef stock 75ml red wine 1 large red pepper, sliced thinly 1 tbsp chopped parsley 150ml soured cream
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a pureeRich beef goulash