- Heat the oven 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 7 and place a large baking sheet in to heat. Roll out pack of shortcrust pastry and cut out 6x15cm (6in) circles and chill.
- Meanwhile, mix a tbsp of plain flour and a tbsp of caster sugar with ground almonds and set aside.
- Toss apples and rhubarb with a tbsp of flour, caster sugar with cinnamon, ground cardamom.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the pastry circles on it. Fill the centre of each with the almond mix and top with fruit.
- Bring the edge of the pastry, about 4cm (11/2in) in around the fruit, folding it up as you go. Brush the tops with beaten egg and sprinkle with a little more caster sugar. Slide the galettes, on the baking paper, on to the hot tray in the oven. Cook for 35 mins or until golden and crisp.
Recipe from www.morrisons.com
if you are looking for a light dessert for after dinner then try out these rhubarb galettes!
500g pack of shortcrust pastry 2 tbsp of plain flour 1 tbsp caster sugar 2 tbsp ground almonds 2 apples, peeled and sliced 300g (101/2oz) of rhubarb cut into 3cm (1in) pieces 90g (3oz) caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling 2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground cardamom 1 egg
Time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: 522 cals Fat 26.5g (7.5g sat fat)