- Rinse the quinoa and drain.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the quinoa and simmer until tender, about 10–15 minutes.
- Drain and leave to cool completely. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and chopped basil. Set aside.
- Peel and trim the asparagus. Blanch in boiling water and refresh in cold water.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and onions.Place the asparagus, tomatoes, onion and quinoa in a salad bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste
Recipe from Aldo Zilli’s Zilli Light.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This will fill you up while keeping you slim and healthy
8 tablespoons quinoa 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 teaspoons lemon juice 2 handfuls of fresh basil, chopped 16 asparagus spears 8 vine-ripe tomatoes 2 onions Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a