- After carving your pumpkin, keep the flesh whilst discarding the seeds (or plant them for next year!).
- Cut into small pieces and put in a microwaveable bowl. Cover and pierce, then cook for around 30 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile chop the onion and celery and sauté in butter until softened.
- Add all the other ingredients except the cream, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place into dishes and serve, drizzled with single cream.
For more information and further recipes from the low carb experts, please visit uk.atkins.com. Atkins UK is an official exhibitor at this year’s Girl’s Day Out events in Liverpool (30th October – 1st November) and Glasgow (27th – 29th November).
For more winter warmers, grab you latest copy of Yours, full of recipes to keep you going this winter.
You can freeze the soup, minus the cream, if you don't eat it all
1 pumpkin, cubed and mashed 1 clove minced garlic 2 tbsp melted butter 1 chopped onion Salt & pepper 30ml single cream 4 tbsp dried parsley 2 tsp dried thyme 1 celery stalk
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a