- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry on to a floured surface, and line a 22cm fluted loose bottom tart tin with the pastry. Once lined with pastry, place in the fridge for 10 minutes to relax (this will stop the pastry from shrinking).
- Remove the pastry case from the fridge and line with a sheet of parchment paper and baking beans. Bake the pastry for 15-20 minutes, then remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- In a bowl combine the pumpkin puree, caster sugar and spices, then beat in the eggs, melted butter and yogurt.
- Pour the mixture in to the tart shell and cook for 35-40 minutes until the filling has just set and has a slight wobble.
- Leave to cool then remove the pie from the tin.
- To serve top with swirls of apple & cinnamon yogurt and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Recipe from Rachel's Organic Yogurt.
For more autumn bakes, grab a copy Yours, which is out every fortnight.
This tempting pie is perfect for an autumnal treat, eat cold or hot
320g ready to roll shortcrust pastry 425g canned pumpkin, we used Libby's 140g caster sugar 1?2 tsp ground nutmeg 1?2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 eggs, beaten 25g butter, melted 100g Rachel's Greek Style Low Fat Yogurt Topping: 200g Rachel's Greek style Apple & Cinnamon Yogurt A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
Time: 11?2 hours Serves: 6-8 Nutrition: Kcal 437, Fat 18.0g, Sat Fat 3.6g