Pumpkin Ricotta Mixture
- 32g fresh sage leaves, chopped, plus more whole leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 425g ricotta
- 283g canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Béchamel Sauce aka White Sauce
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 590ml milk, warmed
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pumpkin ricotta mixture
- Fry sage in butter until crisp. Remove to paper towel. Then combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
For the béchamel sauce
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk to cook the flour, about two minutes.
- Add the milk slowly and continue to stir. Bring to barely a boil then immediately turn down the heat.
- Cook, whisking until thickened for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
For the lasagne
- Take 1 box – 8 sheets Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagne (no boil) and 560g mozzarella, shredded.
- Spread 64g of white sauce over the bottom of a greased 8” square (2 qt.) baking dish. Place 2 sheets of no-boil lasagne noodles over the sauce in a single layer.
- Top lasagna noodles with a third of the ricotta mixture. Layer with a quarter of the mozzarella. Then top with a third of the remaining of the white sauce. Top sauce with 2 more sheets of lasagne noodles to build the second and third layers the same way.
- For the top layer, place last two sheets of lasagna over the white sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes, covered with foil. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes until the lasagna is bubbling hot and the top is browning. Remove from oven and let sit at least 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fried whole sage leaves.
Preparation time: 45 mins
Serve for dinner with a crusty garlic baguette.