- Boil the pasta in salted water, according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the leeks plus seasoning. Stir for 5 minutes, until softened and turning golden. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil, turn up the heat and wait a few seconds for the pan to get really hot.
- Add the prawns and tomatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry until the prawns turn pink all the way through.
- Add the chilli flakes, garlic and lemon zest, cook for 1 minute more, then add the leeks back to the pan. Turn the heat down.
- Save a cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain.
- Tip the pasta into the leek mix, along with 5 tbsp of the cooking water, juice of half the lemon, and parsley. The pasta shouldn’t be dry – add more of the water if needed.
- Toss, season to taste, and serve with the rest of the lemon cut into wedges.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Make this dish using defrosted frozen prawns as they tend to be cheaper than buying fresh
300g (10oz) spaghetti or linguine 3 tbsp olive oil 2 medium leeks, trimmed and sliced 200g (7oz) large, raw peeled frozen prawns, thawed and patted dry 175g (6oz) cherry tomatoes, halved 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 1 lemon, zested handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 393 cals, 10g fat, 1.5g sat fat