- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- Halve, peel and finely chop the red onion.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, grated potato, paprika, onion, flour, grated cheese, garlic and parsley – season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Grease 8 of the bun holes with some olive oil.
- Divide the mixture into 8.
- Put into the greased holes and, with your fingers, pull up to make a tall tree-cone shape.
- Bake in the oven for 30/35 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve each tree topped with a green olive.
Recipe from www.aldi.co.uk
Children will love these festive potatoes
1kg (2lb) Maris Piper Potatoes 180g (7oz) Specially Selected Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated 1 large Red Onion 2 medium Eggs, beaten 1 tsp Stonemill Paprika 2 tsp Stonemill Dried Parsley 2 cloves Garlic 50g (2oz) Plain Flour Sea Salt and Black Pepper Olive Oil 8 Solesta Green Pitted Olives 1x12 hole muffin tray
Time: 15 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a