- Brush the bread with the olive oil, and then rub with the garlic and sea salt.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan until very hot and then add the slices of bread in batches and toast well on both sides. Spread a little pesto on each bruschetta.
- Using either a pestle and mortar or a food processor (crush or pulse) the peas, mint, crème fraiche (if using), add a squeeze of lemon juice and stir in most of the feta cheese and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- The pea mixture does not want to be completely smooth, it should have some texture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the bruschetta, top with the remaining crumbled feta cheese and sprinkle with a little paprika or cayenne pepper.
Recipe from www.peas.org
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This mixture is also lovely spooned over pan-fried chicken or salmon or used as a dip for crudities
8 slices French bread, around 1inch thickness 2 tbsp olive oil 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed slightly Sea salt 2 tbsp basil pesto 300g frozen peas, thawed and drained A handful crushed mint leaves 1 tbsp half fat crème fraiche (optional) Squeeze lemon juice 100g (4oz) feta cheese Black pepper Paprika or cayenne pepper for decorating
Time: 15 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: 151 cals, Fat 7.7g, (sat fat 2.5g)