For the marinated pork:
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tblsp dried oregano
- 4 pork loin medallions or loin steaks, cubed
For the rest:
- 350g new potatoes
- 2 large red onions, each cut into 8 pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 mini pitta breads
- 200g (7 oz) pot of tzatziki
- Large handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade in a medium bowl, stirring until everything is dissolved and submerge the pork loin for 10 minutes
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until soft. Drain the water, halve the potatoes and set aside
- When marinated, dry the pork with kitchen paper (discard any surplus marinade) and thread onto the skewers. Add one piece of pork, followed by one piece of tomato, then onion. Repeat until you have used 1/8 of the pork. Make 8 skewers in total.
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat and place the skewers on a pan under the grill. Keep turning the skewers until brown all the way round and cooked through
- Warm the pittas according to the packet instructions
- Mix the tzatziki with the new potatoes and spoon onto the plates. Follow with the pittas and the skewers, sprinkle the fresh mint all over and serve.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Why not make your own Tzatziki?
Mix a small pot of natural yoghurt with half a diced cucumber, a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, a finely chopped garlic clove and some chopped mint. Mix together well and keep in the fridge for up to three days.