- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Finely chop half the sage. Add a little olive oil to a frying pan along with the finely chopped sage, porridge oats, celery, orange zest, red onion and pine nuts, and sauté until soft.
- Allow to cool, then add the sausage meat and cranberries, mixing to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 12 evenly-sized balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Lightly coat the remaining sage leaves in olive oil, then top each stuffing ball with a sage leaf. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when golden brown, and enjoy.
- Recipe from www.flahavans.ie
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These tasty stuffing balls are great to serve with a roast dinner
70g (3oz) porridge oats 24 sage leaves 1 tbsp olive oil 1 celery stick, finely chopped Zest of 1 orange 1 red onion, finely chopped 60g (2 1/2oz) pine nuts 400g (14oz) sausage meat 50g (2oz) dried cranberries
Time: 10 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a