50 Sheets of dumpling pastry
500g (1lb 2oz) ground pork mince
3 tbsp ground ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 grated and squeezed Pink Lady® apples
2 whisked eggs
2 chopped spring onion, plus extra for garnish
1 bunch of chopped coriander
- Combine all the ingredients together except the pastry.
- Place one teaspoon of the pork mixture along a dumpling pastry. Wet half the pastry circle with your finger from a small bowl of water.
- Fold the pastry in half and press tightly together.
- Pinch one side of the pastry together to create two folds.
- Heat a non-stick pan with enough sesame oil to lightly cover the pan and fry the base of the dumplings until golden brown.
- Add 4 tbsp of water to the pan and add a lid or tin foil to create a seal. Let the dumplings steam for about 5-7 minutes (keep adding water if it dries up) or until they become slightly translucent.
- Serve with a bowl of soy sauce and garnish with chopped spring onion.
This Chinese classic is great for preparing in advance and steaming just before serving to dinner guests
Time: 1hr 15mins