- Make the dressing by mixing together the honey, wholegrain mustard, olive oil, vinegar and thyme leaves and season well.
- Pour half over the pork chops and reserve the rest for the salad. Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Once the grill is hot put the chops under the grill and cook for 8-10 mins on each side (depending on the thickness) basting with any remaining dressing when you turn them.
- Cook until, crispy and charred on the outside but just cooked in the middle.
- When the chops are almost done put the chickpeas and their liquid in a saucepan and warm through over a medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Drain the chickpeas and tip into a bowl. Pour over the reserved dressing and stir through.
- Add the onions and carrots and combine well then add the beetroot and give one last stir.
- Put a handful of baby kale onto each plate then spoon on the beetroot mixture drizzling the dressing over the kale as you go. Serve with the pork chops.
Recipe from www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Enjoy on it's own as a light lunch, or serve with pork chops fresh off the BBQ for a simple summer supper
2 tbsp honey 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 2 tbsp olive oil 2 tsp balsamic vinegar 3-4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked 2 pork chops 400g (14oz) tin chickpeas 4 spring onions, sliced 1 carrot, grated 4 honey & ginger Infused beetroot, cut into wedges 2 handfuls of baby kale leaves
Time: 5 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a