- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Using a pastry brush, coat the insides of 4x10cm (1½x4in) ovenproof ramekin dishes completely with the soft butter. Pour 40g (1½oz) sugar into one dish and rotate so that the whole surface is coated with sugar. Pour the excess into the next dish and turn to coat again, then repeat with the remaining dishes.
- To make the pastry cream put the milk and 20g (¾oz) sugar in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and remaining 20g (¾oz) sugar to a ribbon consistency, then incorporate the flour, whisking until any graininess has disappeared. Pour the hot milk onto the yolks, whisking continuously. Return the mixture to the saucepan and whisk over a low heat for 1 min. Pour into a bowl. Cover with cling film and set aside.
- To make the soufflés, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer to a thick foam, then add 40g (1½oz) sugar and continue whisking until they form soft peaks. Fold 1/3 into the pastry cream using a whisk, then delicately fold the pastry cream mixture into the remaining meringue with a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekin dishes and smooth the surface with a palette knife. Use the tip of a pointed knife to ease the mixture away from the edge of the dishes. Put the dishes on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10-12 mins.
- When cooked top each soufflé with a poached plum half and serve immediately.
Recipe from www.tesco.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These warm and fruity individual puds are worth the effort
40g (1½oz) softened butter 40g (1½oz) caster sugar (for the dishes) 200ml (62/3fl oz) milk 40g (1½oz) caster sugar (for the pastry cream) 4 egg yolks 25g (1oz) plain flour 2 ripe plums (cut in half, stone removed and poached in water and sugar) 8 egg whites 40g (1½oz) caster sugar (for the soufflés)
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 341 cals, Fat 16g, (sat fat 8g)