- Butter and line a 20cm (8in) cake tin. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Give the butter and sugar a really good mix with a handheld blender or a standalone mixer.
- After about three minutes of whizzing, add pistachios, almonds, flour, baking powder and the yoghurt.
- Give it a good beating, till everything is well mixed. Then add the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin and put in the oven for around 50 mins, until a skewer comes out of the cake clean.
- Leave to cool and make the icing.
- With an electric whisk cream the butter until it is pale. Add the cream cheese, whisk some more and then whisk in the icing sugar. Cut the passion fruit in half, and sieve the juice into the icing. You could put the seeds in too, but for something a bit simpler-looking, just the juice will do (or a tablespoon of passionfruit curd) Stir and then, using a knife, spread the icing on to the cake. Crumble the granola over the top for a yummy crunch.
- Recipe from www.lizis.co.uk
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This creamy and crunchy cake is perfect for a summer party
250g (9oz) butter - room temperature 250g (9oz) sugar 100g (4oz) pistachios, roasted but not salted 100g (4oz) ground almonds 200g (8oz) plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt 3 eggs Juice and zest of an orange Passionfruit Icing: 50g (2oz) butter - room temperature 150g (5oz) cream cheese 75g (3oz) icing sugar 1 passion fruit (or passion fruit curd) 1 tbsp Lizi's Passionfruit & Pistachio Granola
Time: 20 mins Serves: 10 Nutrition: n/a