- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until the pasta is almost ready, then add the frozen peas. Bring back to the boil, cook for 1 minute, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken.
- Sauté over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly, until the meat is lightly browned and cooked through. Add the pesto, stirring through, and cook for a further minute.
- Add the pan’s contents to the drained pasta and peas, mix well, and season to taste.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and serve in bowls, with warm crusty bread.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A quick and low-cost pasta packed with protein
300g (2oz) dried pasta – farfalle, penne or similar 250g ( 4oz) frozen peas 1 tbsp vegetable or rapeseed oil 400g (14oz) chicken breast, diced into small pieces 3 tsbp red pesto Salt and pepper 2 tbsp cheddar, grated Crusty bread, to serve
Time: 5 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 333 cals, fat 13g, sat fat 4g