- Peel the potatoes and cut them into equally sized halves or quarters - this way they’ll cook evenly. Place them in a large pan and cover them with cold water, then add the salt. Cover the pan with a lid, place over a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Preheat the oven to 220oC (Fan 200oC/Gas Mark 7) and place a large roasting tin in it to heat up. When the potatoes are boiling, tilt the lid slightly, then leave them to boil for a further 3 minutes.
- Stand a colander in the sink and tip the potatoes into it. Leave to drain, then return the potatoes to the pan. Cover with the lid, then firmly shake the pan - this fluffs up the edges of the potatoes which will make nice crispy bits when they are roasted.
- Remove the hot roasting tin from the oven and add the oil to the pan. Add the potatoes to the tin, then use a fork and spoon to turn and coat the potatoes in the hot oil. Space each potatoes so they aren’t touching each other. Return the tin to the middle of the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and shake well - the potatoes will loosen. Add the rosemary sprigs if using. Turn the potatoes all over and roast for a further 10-15 mins or until they are crisp and golden on all sides. Turn into a warmed serving dish and serve.
Recipe from greenvale.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A tried and tested recipe for the perfect roast potatoes
1kg GreenVale farm potatoes 2 tsp salt 4 tbsp rape seed oil a handful of fresh rosemary sprigs
Time: 10 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a