2 green peppers
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper
16 slices of chorizo
2 tbsp. natural yoghurt
1 tsp. rose harissa paste
1 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/Gas Mark 9.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthways leaving the stems intact, discard the seeds, then rub the peppers inside and out with olive oil.
- Season well and place on a foil lined baking tray, then place in the preheated oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven and line each pepper pot with 4 slices of chorizo, then crack an egg into each pepper. Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until the whites are just set but the yolk is still runny.
- Marble the harissa through the yogurt and dollop on top of the eggs, then sprinkle over the coriander leaves to serve.
This recipe is from It’s Pepper Time!, a project jointly funded by the EU and the pepper farmers of the Netherlands that aims to educate consumers on all the great health benefits and versatility of peppers.
For more recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours.
Serve this yummy and budget friendly meal up with sour cream
Time: 25 minutes