- 3 orange peppers
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ red chilli
- 200g (7oz) plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 80g (3oz) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- Guacamole, to serve
- ½ tsp dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Or, use a pre-made spice mix if you prefer
- Cut the peppers into triangles, discarding the stalks and any seeds. Then, halve the lime, juicing one half and setting the juice aside for later. Cut the remaining half into two wedges.
- Next, preheat the grill to its hottest setting and in a small bowl, mix together ingredients for the spice mix. Toss the pepper triangles in 2 teaspoons of oil and then toss again in the spice mix to coat.
- On a flat metal baking tray lay the seasoned peppers out in a single layer. Grill for 6 – 8 minutes or until sizzling and golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated cheese. Place peppers back under the grill until cheese is melted and bubbling, then remove from oven.
- Finally, prepare the salsa. Mix the chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, coriander, chilli and lime juice in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Serve the Pepper Nachos with salsa, sour cream and guacamole with your lime wedges on the side.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Scatter with pomegranate seeds for sweet fruitiness!