- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan, add the chopped onion and fry the onion slowly for 5 minutes, until soft, but not brown, add the peas, stock, tarragon and mint and bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the camembert, including the rind, into small cubes.
- Add the camembert and stir constantly until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat and blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper; add a little more stock if the soup is too thick.
- Serve with dollops of crème fraîche and the pea and sun-dried tomato bread - divine!
Recipe from www.peas.org
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This creamy soup can be eaten in winter or summer!
50g (2oz) butter 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped 750g (1lb 10oz) frozen peas or petits pois 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock 3 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, chopped 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped 250g (9oz) Camembert Sea salt and black pepper
Time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: 286 cals, Fat 17.9g (sat fat, 10.5g)