- Cook the beans in boiling salted water for about 18 mins.
- Crisp the bacon in a frying pan.
- Remove it from the pan and cut it into pieces.
- Pour the oil into the pan, add the mushrooms and then the onions and fry them while stirring. Add the thyme.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta, and pour 150ml of the pasta water into the mushroom pan and bring to the boil. Drain the beans and add them to the mushrooms with the pasta and bacon.
- Heat briefly and serve garnished with thyme.
Recipe from http://recipes-plus.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
If you fancy a creamy version of this sauce, simply add a few spoonfuls of creme fraiche after frying the bacon
400g (14oz) green beans 2 onions, peeled and finely diced 300g (10 1/2 oz) chanterelles 10 stalks thyme 8 slices bacon 5-6 tbsp olive oil 300g (10 1/2 oz) pasta (eg penne)
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 500 cals, Fat 21g