- Soak five leaves of gelatin by following the manufacturers instructions.
- Heat the milk and vanilla extract and add cream in a small pan until just boiling. Add 100g (4oz) caster sugar.
- Remove from the heat and add the gelatin. Leave to cool a little before adding the ginger-flavoured yogurt, and stir well.
- Pour into ramekins, cover and set in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Wash and cut a pack of rhubarb stems and place in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the remaining caster sugar and just cover with water.
- Poach in a pre-heated oven 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2 for 10-15 mins.
- Leave the rhubarb to cool and the syrup to go sticky and thick. De-mould the panna cottas by dipping them in warm water, invert onto a plate and shake sharply. Finally add the poached rhubarb on the side and drizzle over the rhubarb syrup.
Recipe from www.rachelsorganic.co.uk
These light panna cotta with ginger and poached rhubarb are perfect for an after dinner dessert!
Five leaves of gelatin 225ml (8floz) of milk 450ml double cream a dash of vanilla extract 280g (10oz) caster sugar 200g (7oz) ginger-flavoured yogurt 1 pack of rhubarb stems
Time: 20 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: 238 Fat 2.5-2g (sat fat 1.5g)