- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add the eggs and milk and beat with a wire whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a small pancake pan or heavy-based frying pan and spray with Cooking Mist.
- Pour in a thin stream of batter, tilting the pan so that it flows evenly across the surface. Cook over a medium heat until set, then flip the pancake over to cook the other side. Cook 8 small pancakes altogether, spraying the pan with Cooking Mist before cooking each one. Keep them in a warm place as you cook them, such as in a low oven.
- To make the caramelised pecans, heat a frying pan and add the nuts, dry-frying them over a medium-high heat for about 1 minute to roast them, turning them with a wooden spoon.
- Spray generously with Cooking Mist, then add the sugar and cook for 20-30 seconds, so that the sugar just begins to caramelise. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Serve the pancakes, topped with the pecans and scoops of ice cream.
Cook’s tip: Make a caramel sauce by heating 80g caster or granulated sugar in a heavy-based saucepan until it melts and turns a rich golden brown. Remove from the heat and add 50ml boiling water (take great care – caramel is much hotter than boiling water and the mixture will bubble up).
Add a few sprays of Cooking Mist, then return to the heat and stir until melted and smooth (by adding the water, the caramel solidifies, so you need to melt it once more). Serve with the pancakes. Alternatively, you could use a bought toffee sauce.
Recipe from Lurpak® Cooking Mist
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Makes an easy and impressive dessert for dinner parties
125g plain flour Pinch of salt 2 medium eggs 250ml milk Lurpak® Cook's Range Cooking Mist Sea-salted Caramelised Pecans 100g pecan halves Lurpak® Cook's Range Cooking Mist 1 tsp caster sugar Generous pinch sea salt flakes Vanilla ice cream, to serve
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 792 Cals, 87.9g Fat