- To prepare the pancake batter, sift the flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre with the back of a spoon then break in the egg and pour in half of the milk.
- Whisk gently until the mixture is combined and smooth. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk.
- Heat a little oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and gently pour ¼ of the batter into the pan, tilting the pan until the batter coats the base of the pan. Cook the pancake over a moderate heat for about 1 minute until golden brown and bubbling. Flip the pancake over with a fish slice and cook the other side.
- Slide the pancake out of the pan then repeat with the remaining batter until four pancakes are cooked.
- For the filling, place the chopped Quorn Meat Free Smoky Ham Slices in a bowl with the rest of the filling ingredients and season with salt and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- To assemble the quesadillas place two pancakes on a flat surface and divide the filling mixture between the two spreading it right to the edges. Place the remaining pancakes on top and press down lightly.
- Lightly grease the frying pan with oil and heat up the pan over a moderate heat. Place one quesadillas in the pan and cook for three minutes on each side. The filling should be hot and the pancakes will be crispy and golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm whilst the second quesadillas is cooked.
- To serve, cut the quesadillas into quarters and serve with sour cream, guacamole and a tomato salsa.
Recipe from Quorn
There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
For a quick alternative, try this recipe with tortilla wraps.
100g Quorn Meat Free Smoky Ham Slices, chopped Pancakes: 100g plain flour 1 egg 300ml milk Vegetable oil for frying Filling: 150g mature cheddar cheese, grated 1 small red onion, halved and finely sliced 4 pickled jalapeño slices, drained and finely chopped Salt and ground black pepper
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a