- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and sauté the pancetta, mushrooms and onion until the mushrooms are cooked, the onion is opaque and the pancetta is crisp.
- Drain the porcini (ceps) mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquor, and then chop them up finely and add them to the fried pancetta, fresh mushrooms and onion mixture.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes and then add the rice, wine, porcini soaking liquor and stir vigorously.
- Transfer the risotto to an ovenproof baking dish or casserole dish with a lid.
- Cover the risotto with tinfoil or a lid and bake in a preheated oven 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 25 to 30 minutes or until the risotto is soft and creamy. Stir through the chopped parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread and salad.
Recipe from HouseTrip designed specifically for families staying in holiday rentals this summer.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with salad and bread for an easy midweek meal
100g chopped pancetta 100g fresh mushrooms, sliced 1 medium onion (peeled and finely chopped) 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 dried porcini (ceps) mushrooms (soaked in 150mls boiling water for 10 minutes) 200g risotto rice (Arborio, Carnaroli or Maratelli) 250mls dry white wine 300mls vegetable stock Small bunch of parsley (chopped) Salt and freshly ground pepper
Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a