- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6
- Put the potatoes into a large roasting pan with the carrots and parsnips
- Add the oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to slice a pocket into each chicken breast
- Fill each pocket with some of the grate Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar
- Wrap a rasher of streaky bacon around chicken breast, tucking a sprig of thyme into each one
- Arrange on top of the vegetables
- Season and roast for a further 20 minutes
- Sprinkle the remaining grated Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar over the chicken and cook for another 10-15 minutes until melted and golden
Tip: You could make this recipe with 4 pieces of pork fillet instead of chicken. Just split the pieces and fill with the grated cheddar, wrapping the bacon around as before.
Recipe from Pilgrims Choice
For more recipes, pick up the latest copy of Yours
No need to wait until Sunday!
1kg small new potatoes, scrubbed and halved 500g Chantenay carrots, halved lengthways 2 small parsnips, quartered 2 tbsp olive oil 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 100g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar (grated) 4 rashers streaky bacon 4 sprigs fresh thyme Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a