- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in the wok. Fry the prawns and remove to a plate
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in the wok. Add onions and sweet potato. Add one tablespoon of thai pesto and allow to cook for 1 minute. Remove from the wok and keep warm
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in the wok. Break in the egg and lightly scramble
- Add a handful of pre-soaked noodles and stir fry thoroughly until cooked
- Add a splash of water to keep the noodles soft. Move from bottom up, do not allow to stick and burn
- Combine the prawns and vegetables with the noodles. Add the spinach leaves
- Add 1 tablespoon of the thai pesto and stir through. Remove from wok and sprinkle with peanuts to serve.
Serve with a glass of chilled Blue Nun Rivaner Riesling.
Recipe from chef Angela Malik for Blue Nun.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
You can prepare everything well in advance so when you're ready you just have to put the wok on and toss everything together
For Thai Pesto: ½ bunch coriander (25g bunch) Light soy sauce – 1 tablespoon 2 cloves garlic sliced 1in ginger 2 teaspoons salted soya beans 1 red chilli 1 lime juiced 1 tsp sugar For Phad Thai: 1 sweet potato boiled and cubed (approx. 150g) 12 king prawns peeled and gutted 2 tbs rape seed oil ½ bag baby spinach (100g bag) ¼ red onion Light soy sauce Handful of Thai rice noodles (200g) 1 egg 1 Tbs fish sauce Salted peanuts (optional) 50g Water in a jug – to add as necessary
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 296 Cals, 15.7g Fat, 2.2g Sat Fat